Frequently Asked Questions
Health Insurance FAQs
1. Why is WVU requiring students to have insurance?
2. Are WVU's Student Health Services changing?
3. I already have health insurance. How do I show proof of insurance?
4. Do I have to enroll in the WVU student health insurance plan in order to use WVU Student Health Services?
5. How do I determine if my health plan is adequate?
6. If I am taking less than 6 hours, do I have to have health insurance?
7. How can I tell if WVU's Student Health Services is covered by my health insurance plan?
8. I logged in to the waiver site and it says I am ineligible for a waiver. What should I do?
9. Can I access the waiver site on my iPad/iPhone/etc.?
10. I am a Graduate Assistant for the Fall semester. Is there any action I need to take as the semester changes?
11. I am enrolled in an online degree program and do not attend any classes on campus. Do I need to complete a waiver?
12. How do I know if my health insurance plan meets WVU's criteria?
13. What happens if I do not complete the waiver application by the set deadlines?
Aetna Student Health Insurance FAQs
14. My privacy is very important to me. Can I change the address my Aetna student health insurance information is sent to, or can I go paperless?
15. Can I pay for the WVU-sponsored health insurance plan with my financial aid package?
16. Does the WVU Aetna student health insurance plan provide coverage if I travel?
17. What happens to my coverage if I withdraw from classes?
18. I am graduating before the plan ends. Will I still be covered?
19. How do I get my Aetna ID card?
20. Can I enroll my spouse and children in the Aetna student health insurance plan?